WorldFish Scientist (Fish Feeds and Nutrition) Jobs 2024 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
WorldFish Zambia looking for “Scientist (Fish Feeds and Nutrition)”.
Applicants with a PhD Degree may apply on or before January 07, 2024.
WorldFish is an international, non-for-profit research organization that works to reduce hunger, malnutrition and poverty by improving fisheries and aquaculture. With a 45-years track record of leading-edge science, WorldFish generates research evidence and innovations to inform sustainable practices and inclusive policies that enable better livelihoods and healthier diets for millions of poor people, particularly women, who depend on fish for food, nutrition and income.
The WorldFish has published a job vacancy announcement on December 09, 2023 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Scientist (Fish Feeds and Nutrition) to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
WorldFish Job Vacancy 2024
The Successful Candidate will:
- Lead the project work in Zambia.
- Design and conduct ingredient scoping in Zambia.
- Design, execute and report on the laboratory and on-farm fish feeds and nutrition experiments in Zambia.
- Publish technical, scientific and outreach articles.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Leader based at the HQ in Malaysia.
- Develop productive partnerships to further feeds research in Zambia, through key international and national research institutes and universities.
- Build productive relations with investors and development partners from public and private sectors for scaling out research results.
- Mentor BSc/MSc students and interns from national and international universities and organization, who are involved in the project.
- Plan, organize, execute and report on project progress in dialogue with senior as well as junior staff/employees and external partners.
- Contribute to resource mobilization for further feeds work in Zambia and in other WF countries.
- All other duties that may be required from time to time.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Scientist (Fish Feeds and Nutrition)
- Location: Lusaka, Zambia
- Application Deadline: 07th January, 2024
- Type of contract: The duration of the contract will initially be for a three-year period with possibility for extension
- Language(s) required: English.
- PhD in aquaculture, aquaculture nutrition, animal nutrition or other related fields.
- At least two year of research experience in aquaculture or animal nutrition and feeds research.
- Excellent proficiency of spoken and written English.
- Proven record of publications in his/her study field.
- Motivation for high quality science and delivery of impact from research.
- Show proven interest and ability to develop and maintain a professional network in the field of aquaculture nutrition and fish feeds research.
- Ability to work within interdisciplinary research teams, linking own expertise to other fields, including human nutrition, value chains, climate change, scaling and gender research fields.
- Ability to work independently and manage research projects
How to Apply WorldFish Scientist (Fish Feeds and Nutrition) Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://apply.workable.com/worldfish/j/23672B1C04/apply/
The Closing Date: January 07, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.