WVI Assistant Accountant Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
WVI Zambia programme looking for “Assistant Accountant”.
Applicants with a Diploma in Accounts may apply on or before 08th December, 2023.
World Vision International is an evangelical Christian humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization. It prefers to present itself as interdenominational and also employs staff from non-evangelical Christian denominations.
The WVI has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th November, 2023 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Assistant Accountant to be based in Kasama, Zambia.
WVI Job Vacancy 2023
- Assist Programme Accountant to ensure project planning and budgeting work schedule to meet the requirements/deadlines by the NO and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support Programme Accountant & programme/ project team to ensure programme/project budgets are clear and aligned with project goals and outcomes, by giving due consideration to WVI Finance Policies and donor regulations.
- Prepare and process bank deposits/withdrawals and petty cash payments.
- Prepare vouchers, process invoices for payment.
- Post transactions to general ledger/voucher interface.
- Review employee expense reports and code appropriately
- File accounting related documents for easy retrieval.
(if financial partnering involved) Verify the fund transfer to partners and documentation as per agreements; and review and amend (if necessary) financial information provided by partners for consolidation in WV.
- Ensure timeliness, completeness and accuracy in all accounting documents.
Position in Organization:
- locations: Kasama, Zambia
- time type: Full time
- posted on: Posted 5 Days Ago
- job requisition id: JR26691
Qualification/ Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- The incumbent should have a diploma in Accounting, Finance, or any finance-related diploma, and at least one year of work experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of Sun-Systems, PMQA, CAL Allocation Methodology, and other computer-related financial/accounting systems and budgeting is an added advantage.
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems.
- Must be a good problem solver, analytical, creative, and innovative.
- Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others.
- He/ She must have a good command of the English Language, both written and spoken.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina.
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement and participation in devotions.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
How to Apply WVI Assistant Accountant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 08th December, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!