ActionAid International Media Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. ActionAid International Kenya looking for “Media Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 23 April 2023.
ActionAid International is an international non-governmental organization whose stated primary aim is to work against poverty and injustice worldwide. ActionAid International is a federation of 45 country offices that works with communities, often via local partner organisations, on a range of development issues.
The ActionAid International has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Media Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
ActionAid International Job Vacancy 2023
- We’re looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Media Officer to join our Campaigns and Communications team at ActionAid International as we prepare to launch a new global campaign for climate justice.
- As Media Officer, you will develop and deliver creative on-message media materials including press releases, stories, statements and opinion pieces across a variety of topics. Often working under pressure in response to large scale humanitarian emergencies.
- Ideally with previous experience working in a press office, you’ll have experience managing competing priorities, responding to incoming media requests and developing and delivering PR plans which support the organisation’s strategic priorities.. Your expertise will support with the effective delivery of international media moments, linked to multi-country campaigns and core comms priorities, including climate justice,women’s rights and youth involvement.
- You’ll use your exceptional communication skills to build relationships and work closely with ActionAid countries to amplify their visibility and develop stories with both national and international significance.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least two years of experience working in a press team or in public relations in an International Non-Goverment Organisation or similar organisation.
- Excellent written and communication skills–with experience writing press releases, reactive Q&As, key messages, features, opinion pieces, letters to editor and blogs – producing accurate work to a high standard particularly under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of juggling multiple workloads, prioritising as needed under pressure, to deliver a high quality of work at all times.
- Proven experience of liaising with journalists.
- Experience devising and producing successful proactive media campaigns.
- Excellent news sense and proven experience in identifying, pitching and getting coverage for an engaging story.
- Experience using media monitoring services (e.g. Vuelio or Gorkana) with the degree of proficiency required to run reports and provide others with basic training.
- Good understanding of international development, climate justice and/or women’s rights issues, civil society activism and effective campaigning is desirable.
- Good understanding of the international media is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ActionAid International Media Officer Jobs 2023
Please click on the “apply” button to start the application process. Applications close on 23 April 2023 at 23:59GMT. Please upload an up-to-date CV and a cover letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in any of the mentioned locations at the time of appointment.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date.
View More Jobs