DRC WASH Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. DRC Ethiopia looking for “WASH Officer“. Applicants with a degree in BSC Degree may apply on or before 14th June 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 31st May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of WASH Officer to be based in Afar, Ethiopia.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and select the Community outreach agents from IDPs who will be part of the Community Hygiene and Sanitation mobilization and co-ordinate their work
- Design the contents and methodology of the Community Hygiene and Sanitation mobilization campaign as required by the project and according to the instructions of the WASH Team Leader and the guidelines of the humanitarian cluster working group;
- Prepares detail implementation plan, monitor and follow up the timely implementation of activities;
- Provides support and take part to identify, facilitate and provide various trainings for hygiene promoters, sanitation monitors and solid waste supervisors;
- Collects, compile and analyze baseline data; facilitate KAP/KPC surveys and present the result assessed about hygiene and sanitation situation of the target population before and after intervention;
- Monitors and follow-up to ensure the proper dissemination of hygiene and sanitation messages to the target beneficiaries;
- Devise different methodologies for successful achievement of DRC goal by providing technical and technology assistance;
- Provide technical advice for hygiene promoters, sanitation monitors and solid waste supervisors and monitor the activities;
- Scheduling most of his/her time to spend on field work attend hygiene and sanitation activities to facilitate for improved hygiene practices;
- Monitors the hygiene and sanitation situation in the project area and provide regular updates;
- Maintains close working relationship with government and other relevant partners in the target area;
- Collect, analyze and compile reports from hygiene and sanitation activities and propose better implementation strategy in consultation with the WASH Manager
- Represent DRC externally with community, local government, cluster coordination meeting and other stakeholders
- Mobilize the subordinates and lead WASH NFI distribution
- Collect and disseminate the outputs and drawbacks gained from hygiene and sanitation team in every month report of hygiene and sanitation promotion activities;
- Carry out other additional duties as assigned by line-manager.
Position in Organization:
- Title: WASH Officer
- Location: (Berhale/Aballa in Afar Region)
- Employment Category: H2
- Reporting To: WASH Manager
- Duration: 12 Months
- Posting date: May 31, 2023
- Required Employee: 1
- Deadline: 14th June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- BSC degree in environmental health science, environmental engineering, public health, water supply and sanitation or other related fields.
- Three years of demonstrated work experience in designing and implementing hygiene and sanitation programs;
How to Apply DRC WASH Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://job.drc.ngo/jobs/job?id=168234
The Closing Date: 14th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.