WFP Programme Associate Jobs 2024 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
WFP Kenya looking for “Programme Associate”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before January 07, 2024.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on December 26, 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Associate to be based in Kakuma & Dadaab, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2024
To effectively contribute to this transformation, WFP will focus on three pillars of collaboration with UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees), the government and other key partners. Firstly, WFP will transform its refugee operations design from a primarily humanitarian focus to one that encompasses humanitarian, development, and peace-building elements. Secondly, WFP will optimise food systems to enhance livelihood opportunities. Finally, WFP will transform existing assistance modalities and approaches such as cash-based transfers, and social protection to catalyse the transition.
WFP will leverage its long-standing relationships with the government, UN partners, NGOs, targeted communities, and county governments to implement this strategy through WFP initiatives, joint UN programs, and other collaborative efforts. Additionally, WFP will explore greater engagement with the private sector to increase investment in refugee-hosting areas. Recognizing the risk of inadequate funding and the need for coordinated action among stakeholders, WFP will also play a key role in advocating for the advancement of the transition agenda.
- A certificate of secondary school education, preferably supplemented by technical qualification and/or university degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agronomy, Agricultural Education and Extension, Engineering (Environmental Engineering, Agriculture Engineering), Food Security, Animal Science/ Animal Production, Range Management, or other field relevant to international development assistance.
- Experience: At least 5 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in supporting programme management. Experience in implementing resilience building activities in arid and semi-arid areas. Experience working with organizations that have medium to large food security and agriculture portfolio and longer-term projects.
Knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Kenya’s refugee context.
- Understanding of food system concepts and their application to programme design and implementation in different contexts.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing programmes in agriculture value chain/ food security/ natural resource management.
- Knowledge on participatory community engagement approaches such as participatory rural appraisal, participatory learning and action, community managed disaster risk reduction.
- Knowledge on broader aspects of agricultural extension methodologies such as farmer/pastoral/ agro-pastoral field schools, demonstrations.
- Deep understanding of project cycle management (PCM) including design, planning, implementation, monitoring and adaptation.
- Deep understanding on monitoring technical activities related to production, post- harvest losses, and market linkages with smallholder farmers and/or co-operatives.
- Broader understanding of cross cutting issues in humanitarian and development programming such as conflict sensitive programming, nutrition sensitive programming and gender sensitive programming.
- Requisition ID 830801
- Posted 19/12/2023 – Short Term-SC WFP – Africa,
- Central & Eastern – Kenya – Dadaab
How to Apply WFP Programme Associate Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: January 07, 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- CIFOR Field Technician Jobs
- CIFOR Research Assistant Jobs
- UNHCR Protection Associate Jobs
- UNICEF Vaccine Management Consultant Jobs
- DRC Regional Humanitarian Policy Coordinator Jobs
- DRC Regional Digital Communications Officer Jobs
- DRC Regional Communications Specialist Jobs
- DRC Executive Support Specialist Jobs
- CIFOR Research Officer Jobs