FINCA Information Security and Business Continuity Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. FINCA Uganda looking for “Information Security and Business Continuity Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 03, 2023.
FINCA Uganda started its operations in Jinja District in 1992 as a microfinance institution. In 2004, FINCA Uganda was licensed as a Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution (MDI) thus becoming the first MDI to be regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act of 2003. FINCA Uganda is part of the FINCA Impact Finance Network, a group of 20 microfinance and financial institutions that provides socially responsible financial services and enables low-income entrepreneurs and small business owners to invest in the future.
The FINCA has published a job vacancy announcement on May 23, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Information Security and Business Continuity Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Position||Information Security and Business Continuity Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||June 03, 2023|
FINCA Job Vacancy 2023
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Managing Information Security risks and ensuring compliance with Business Continuity Planning, IT Disaster Recovery, and Crisis Management.
- Maintaining and continuously improving FINCA Uganda’s cyber security monitoring and control framework, ensuring that effective cyber security threat, vulnerability, and incident management practices are incorporated into IT and business practices
- Maintaining and facilitating security logs and incident management, working closely with IT resources to design, test, and monitor adequate cybersecurity controls
- Facilitating implementation of Information Security and Business Continuity policies, standards, and procedures within FINCA Uganda and ensuring delivery of assigned tasks/activities
- Coordinating and supporting Information Security and Business Continuity Risk and compliance-related activities
- Coordinating the delivery of awareness and training programs on information security and business continuity within FINCA Uganda
- Coordinating Business and IT Continuity Planning and DR testing across FINCA Uganda Business Units and infrastructure
- Coordinating information security incident response and reporting in FINCA Uganda and supporting IT staff to resolve identified cyber security issues/ concerns.
- Facilitating implementation and maintenance of IT Security controls within FINCA Uganda and ensuring delivery of assigned IT security tasks/activities
- Monitoring security logs and incidents including performing investigations and follow-up on the implementation of remedial actions
- Assessing and documenting and providing recommendations for FINCA Uganda security policies.
- Developing recommendations for cybersecurity improvements; documenting the cybersecurity posture of 3rd party vendors and their services against FINCA Uganda services.
- Monitoring appropriate external and internal sources of newly identified threats and vulnerabilities and assessing existing systems against them.
- Communicating and collaborating with internal clients to contribute to internal security direction and providing influence and technical guidance on current and future technical security directions
- Acting as a cybersecurity subject matter expert throughout the project’s lifecycle, including functional requirements, design specifications, testing and quality assurance, implementation, and support.
- Ensuring that application development, design, and deployment meet FINCA Uganda’s security standards.
- Ensure utilization of appropriate tools to evaluate the business environment against security policy and risk posture.
Position in Organization:
- Validity period: 22/05/2023 – 03/06/2023
- Duty Station: Head office
- Position: Information Security and Business Continuity Officer
- Department: Risk and Internal Controls department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Management Information systems, Business Administration, or related field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in Information Security, Risk Management in a Microfinance or Banking Organization
- Working knowledge of national and international security regulatory compliances and frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST, COBIT, and PCI DSS; Industry Certifications in CISSP, CISM, SANS GIAC, CBCI; and Security Vendor Certifications e.g Cisco, TrendMicro, Splunk, Qualys is a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent at Analytics and reporting
- Security acumen
- Good communication and presentation skills
- High Integrity/Ethics
- Virtual team working and keeping good relationships are paramount
How to Apply FINCA Information Security and Business Continuity Officer Jobs 2023
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including their present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 3rd June, 2023
View More Jobs
- FINCA Senior Internal Controls Officer Jobs 2023
- IDRC Study Coordinator Jobs 2023
- ZOA International Project Officer Jobs 2023
- DRC Refugee Impact Advisory Coordinator Jobs 2023
- World Bank Procurement Specialist Jobs 2023
- WHO Finance Assistants Jobs 2023
- WHO Communication Officer Jobs 2023
- Mercy Corps CARM Assistant Jobs 2023