IFRC Regional Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IFRC Kenya looking for “Regional Coordinator”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 19 April 2023.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The IFRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Coordinator to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IFRC Job Vacancy 2023
The Regional Health Security, Epidemic Preparedness and Response Coordinator will:
- Act as a central resource for IFRC in the Africa Region on specific knowledge and expertise in all-of society, multi-hazard approach to epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response.
- Lead regional knowledge development and evidence-informed practice generation in epidemic preparedness and response.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the IFRC’s Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness support to National Societies in Africa Region including critical areas for early detection, early action, behaviour changes and organisational capacity across Africa region.
- Support the development of strategic responses and preparedness guidelines, indicators, plans, and didactic materials to improve health outcomes through enhanced epidemic preparedness and response.
- Provide guidance to IFRC country and country cluster delegations in supporting NS’ emergency health preparedness and response capacity strengthening, related to natural disasters and public health emergencies, consistent with their mandates and roles as agreed with national authorities.
- Promote critical thinking, innovative approaches and good practices for epidemic preparedness and response, including community-based surveillance and early action related to epidemic preparedness and response.
- Link preparedness and response interventions within the region by ensuring coordination between community-level activities and health ERU approaches and materials.
- An Advanced University Degree in public health, global/international health, epidemiology or other health-related sciences is required.
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Health – Outbreak and Emergency Management/Humanitarian Assistance
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in public health planning and management, health systems strengthening, or other relevant international health or humanitarian action areas.
- Experience in responding to epidemics
- Working with global health security and technical expertise related to infectious diseases
- Working in an international or cross-cultural environment, with demonstrated professional credibility in the sector
- Community-based programming in a developing context
- Experience working in a RC/RC National Society and/or Federation/ICRC is preferred
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IFRC Regional Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 19 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs