IOM Regional Protection Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
IOM Kenya looking for “Regional Protection Officer”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 25 December 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 December 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Protection Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Evaluate training needs on protection in the region with a focus on IOM staff, government counterparts, partners and other relevant actors; recommend a capacity building plan and support its implementation.
- In close collaboration with regional and country programme teams, coordinate assistance to individual cases of concern and facilitate the delivery of protection and assistance.
- Contribute to knowledge management by compiling and sharing information on protection tools and best practices.
- Undertake duty travel as needed in support of the implementation of various protection initiatives in the countries covered by the region.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in International Law, Development Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Social Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Previous work on protection (e.g., child protection, GBV, counter-trafficking, Return and Reintegration) including in the provision of direct assistance to vulnerable groups;
- Experience in translating protection policies to activities highly desirable;
- Experience in working with teams, guiding and delivering trainings;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Regional Protection Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 25 December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.