IOM Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. IOM Nigeria looking for “Supply Chain Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 29 May 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 May 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Supply Chain Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO), and in close collaboration with the Regional Office (RO for West Africa in Dakar, and in coordination with the Supply Chain Division at Headquarters (HQ), the Supply Chain Officer will be responsible and accountable for overseeing the supply chain activities, guided by Supply Chain Management (SCM) objectives to deliver quality goods/services to the beneficiaries at optimal price and in a timely manner.
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Conduct logistics capacity assessment and market research to keep abreast decisionmakers about local market trends and developments; analyze statistical data and market reports on the commodity situation, production patterns and availability of good and services.
- Supervise and manage and provide first-line support and guidance for all supply chain management related tasks and activities, including planning, budgeting, scheduling and provision of goods and services needed by the CO. Prepare regular progress reports, statistical information and briefing notes, as required.
- Lead and supervise the supply chain activities in the CO, including planning, procurement, warehouse management, transport and distribution, fleet, assets and facilities management, logistics informaiton management and reporting, and provide guidance and training to the relevant staff with respect to the related policies, rules and regulations.
- Identify supply chain bottlenecks (value stream mapping) and optimize the processes to fill the gaps and ensure beneficiaries receive quality goods and services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance in terms of quality, prices, and timely delivery of goods/services. Maintain a pool of qualified vendors
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations; and,
- Demonstrated experience in training and managing large teams of co-workers, managing vendors and suppliers.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 29 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.