IRC Environmental Health Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Environmental Health Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 22nd April 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Environmental Health Officer to be based in Awassa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of Senior EH Officer will execute the following key responsibilities
- Conduct the feasibility study of the water options proposed through community action plan.
- Compile detail design, specification, bills of quantities, budget estimates in response to the proposed community action plan in all intervention kebeles of the respective the intervention woreda
- In coordination with senior EH officer and other EH team Prepares detail water sector physical & financial implementation plan of the project which includes but not limited to activity plan, spending plan and procurement plan.
- Ensure all the construction under the projects are with highest quality standard and free of technical defects in all intervention woreda.
- Confirm the proper completion of every executed construction under the project and facilitate timely prepare pay sheet as per the execution.
- Source out and monitor labor required towards implementation of project interventions and ensure the proper implementation of the organizational norms and standards.
- Properly Monitor the progress and implementation of subcontracted or own force project implementation in the intervention woreda as per the IRC standards and work procedures
- Prepare detail specification for items to be procured and ensure its procurements are as per set specifications.
- Works closely with Region, Zone/Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the project by organizing regular field visits and joint monitoring with project steering committee.
- Produces activity progress update and reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor and copy to the Field Manager and the Project manager.
- In collaboration with other EH team organize and facilitate different trainings for WUAs, artesian and for government partners per the project scope.
- Provide any required technical support for the EHAs on the development of community action plans.
- Ensure all the constructed hardware activities are properly handover to the concerned government bodies with full of recording data like GPS location, beneficiary, yields of the water schemes, history of the water schemes in well documented manner at the right time before project phase out
- Properly monitor and confirm the quality and quantity of delivery of both local and industrial materials supplied by suppliers and transporters are per the IRC standards and code of conducts. And ensure the project resources including the construction materials in all kebeles of the intervention woreda are well monitored and properly used for the project purpose without any abuse.
- Compile and share the material utilization report at every two weeks for per site in the intervention woreda.
- Coordinate the woreda partners in water quality testing and in scheme disinfection and ensure the sachem disinfection and water quality testing of all the water schemes constructed under the project was done timely.
- In collaboration with other EH team ensure high level of community participation in the project and regularly track the community participation in terms of money with local labor market standard.
- Accomplish additional works as assigned by supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req41160
- Job Title: Environmental Health Officer (Re-advert)
- Sector: Environmental Health
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Awassa, Ethiopia
- Bachelor Degree.
- 2+ years of experience in managing from big to small scale water supply system schemes, sanitation facilities design in the rural community and having good knowledge of project management Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
How to Apply IRC Environmental Health Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/41160?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 22nd April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.