IRC Senior Rapid Response Mechanism Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Senior Rapid Response Mechanism Coordinator“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 3rd July 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Senior Rapid Response Mechanism Coordinator to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Overview: The Senior Rapid Response Mechanism Coordinator (SRRMC) will support coordination efforts between different Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRMs) in Ethiopia: the ECHO ERM, BHA’s RRM led by UNICEF, SWAN, RRF led by IOM and others. The SRRMC will sit with the IRC but will act as a multiagency/multi-mechanisms coordinator jointly working with OCHA in Addis Ababa, for a period of 10months maintaining effective and consistent coordination and dialogue between the different RRMs, sectoral clusters, and associated initiatives (Multi-hazard road map, TWG supported by IMMAP/REACH, CWG etc.) The SRRMC will serve as the RRM TWG focal point with OCHA, task forces Cluster and Custer Coordinators to ensure all collaborators are fully aware of planning, emergency responses and on-going discussions within the individual clusters. The SRRS will also keep the clusters are well informed of RRM related activities. The SRRS will report to the Deputy Director Emergency in the IRC Emergency Response structure but will not be the ERM representative in any of the aforementioned forums/platforms.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req42649
- Job Title: Senior Rapid Response Mechanism Coordinator
- Sector: Emergency Response
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in Social, management, emergency, humanitarian, disaster management or related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in emergency management and operations, with confirmed experience in emergency response.
- Experience in multi-sector emergency program implementation and emergency system strengthening in conflict settings.
- Previous experience implementing and/or coordinating a RRM is helpful.
- Experience in multi-stakeholder co-ordination/Sector/Cluster Coordination and facilitation is highly desirable.
How to Apply IRC Senior Rapid Response Mechanism Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/42649?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 3rd July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.