IRRI Research Associate Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRRI Kenya looking for “Research Associate”. Applicants with a Diploma in Agriculture may apply on or before 05 July 2023.
The International Rice Research Institute is an international agricultural research and training organization with its headquarters in Los Baños, Laguna in the Philippines, and offices in seventeen countries.
The IRRI has published a job vacancy announcement on 28 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Research Associate to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRRI Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The Research Associate – Agriculture is responsible to provide support to the Seed System and Product Management activities specifically in the up-scaling of improved rice cultivation technologies such as Direct Seeded Rice (DSR) technology and the deployment of quality seed of improved, climate-resilient, market-preferred and nutritious rice varieties to ensure high rate of genetic gain to farmers while ensuring equitable access for women and other disadvantaged groups.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in research activities related to Seed System and Product Management, including coordinating with national research partners (e.g. NARES, NGOs, women groups, and universities) in setting up trails, organizing field days, data collection, and conducting interviews based on the planned research activities and SOPs.
- Support the deployment and demonstration of various technologies both at the research station and in farmers’ fields with the aim of creating awareness and demand of those technologies among stakeholders.
- Execute routine protocols to ensure proper positioning of technologies that are ready for up-scaling and provide feedback on farmers and other stakeholder responses and learnings to the technical team.
- Support researchers and scientists in implementing surveys.
- Provide timely, consistent and accurate information to direct supervisor to ensure smooth flow of research activities, such as farmers’ preferences, unexpected factors that may result to unexpected outcomes of field demo and trials, conflict and other issues, to ensure that research objectives and SOPs are followed.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Agriculture with 2 years of relevant work experience
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRRI Research Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 05 July 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.