NRC WASH Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. NRC Ethiopia looking for “WASH Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Postgraduate Degree may apply on or before 28th March 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation that protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally displaced persons who are forced to flee their homes as a result of conflict, human rights violations and acute violence, as well as climate change and natural disasters.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of WASH Officer to be based in Asosa, Ethiopia.
NRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Plan and carry out needs assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies, and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
- Supervise Hygiene Promotion activities in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles.
- Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout the programme cycle, in training, and in the use of tool kits and other materials.
- Supervise WASH activities and resources so that they are implemented and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Recruit, train, and manage subordinate/Public Health Promotion agent’s staff including performance appraisal.
- Organize day-to-day logistics, administration, and personnel activities together with the other sectors.
- Carry out informal and formal training sessions (according to identified needs) and evaluate the impacts of these trainings.
- Enable effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the WASH program.
- Responsible for overall school WASH activities including training and follow ups.
- Identification and provision of water treatment chemicals and give them orientation on how to use it.
Position in Organization:
- WASH Officer
- Job Identification: 10106
- Job Category: Health and Nutrition
- Posting Date: 03/15/2023, 04:26 PM
- Apply Before: 03/28/2023, 04:26 PM
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Location: Asosa
Qualification & Experience:
- First degree or postgraduate in Environmental Health/ Public health nursing or similar relevant discipline.
- Minimum four years’ experience of working as a WaSH-PHP Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in implementation of software components of WaSH activities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Expertise in WaSH programming and integration with nutrition and health sectors.
How to Apply NRC WASH Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2019/requisitions/job/10106
The Closing Date: 28th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.