OHCHR Associate Human Rights Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. OHCHR Ethiopia looking for “Associate Human Rights Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 20th June 2023.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, commonly known as the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) or the United Nations Human Rights Office, is a department of the Secretariat of the United Nations that works to promote and protect human rights that are guaranteed under international law and stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948. The office was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 20 December 1993 in the wake of the 1993 World Conference on Human Rights.
The OHCHR has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Associate Human Rights Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
OHCHR Job Vacancy 2023
Task Description: Under the overall supervision of the Regional Representative of OHCHR EARO and direct supervision of the Regional Gender Adviser, the UN Volunteer will be assigned to support OHCHR-EARO’s work related to women’s rights and gender equality. In particular, the UN Volunteer will be expected to support capacity building, technical assistance, and human rights monitoring activities in East Africa.
- Supports the planning and organisation of activities related to women’s rights and gender equality , including from a gender perspective, in line with OHCHR-EARO’sannual work plan.
- Conducts substantive research and analysis on issues of gender equality and non-discrimination and assesses their impact on the human rights situation in East Africa.
- Monitors the human rights situation of women and people of diverse sexual and gender identities, collects and analyses gender-specific data and indicators in priority countries.
- Contributes to the provision of programmatic and technical support to States, National Human Rights Institutions, Civil Society Organizations, and (Women)
- Human Rights Defenders with a view to building their capacity and supporting the formulation and/or revision of legislation and policies in line with international human rights standards and jurisprudence in the area of women’s rights and gender equality.
- Assists in developing and implementing capacity building initiatives and training programmes for national institutions, journalists and civil society organisations on women’s rights and gender equality and countering discrimination at regional and country levels.
- Writes a variety of internal and external reports, communications, briefings, statements, including to policy-making bodies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Description of assignment title: Associate Human Rights Officer (Gender Equality)
- Assignment country: Ethiopia
- Expected start date: 27/06/2023
- Sustainable Development Goal: Gender equality
- Volunteer category: International UN Volunteer Specialist
- DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
- Host entity: OHCHR
- Type: Onsite
- Duration: 12 months
- Number of assignments: 1
- Duty stations: Addis Ababa
- Deadline: 20.06.2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in law, human rights, gender, political affairs, international relations, or related area.
- 0 years of experience in (and/or demonstrated interest) women’s human rights and gender equality
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
How to Apply OHCHR Associate Human Rights Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1725462007518464
The Closing Date: 20th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.