WFP Partnerships Intern Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “Partnerships Intern”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 16 May 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 27 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Partnerships Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The External Relations Unit of WFP Kenya aims to enhance public awareness and understanding of WFP’s work in the country to both local and international audiences. To further its goals, the Unit seeks to enlist a full-time intern to support with the partnerships/donor relations function, helping to build and manage relationships with government and private sector donors that contribute to WFP Kenya’s USD 200 million per year budget
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Supporting the implementation of WFP Kenya’s Partnership Action Plan by identifying and mapping potential partners for thematic funding opportunities (e.g. drought relief, refugee assistance, school meals, social protection, climate & environment);
- Ensuring timely and high-quality follow-up to meetings by drafting notes for the record/minutes of meetings and monitoring agreed actions;
- Supporting the development of fundraising proposals and supporting documentation;
- Supporting the internal capacity development of fundraising activities with strategic outcome managers;
- Supporting the implementation of donor visibility activities to enhance the promotion of WFP Kenya’s activities to its partners, and documenting delivery of shared objectives with partners e.g. through documenting donor engagement events, creation of social media posts , presentations, factsheets and other promotional content; and
- Contributing to the preparation of management and partner briefs, briefings, reports and supporting project visits and other partner events.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Development, Politics or other Social Sciences field, International Law.
- Currently in the final year of Bachelor’s degree in any of the above disciplines or related areas;
- Currently enrolled in a master’s degree in any of the above spheres or related areas;
- Graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a Bachelor’s/master’s degree or equivalent studies.
- Work experience in fundraising, donor relations, event management or customer relationship management will be an advantage.
- Experience in producing written reports, meeting minutes and/or synthesis reports will be an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Partnerships Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.