NRC Energy and Environment Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
NRC Kenya looking for “Energy and Environment Specialist”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 December 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation that protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally displaced persons who are forced to flee their homes as a result of conflict, human rights violations and acute violence, as well as climate change and natural disasters.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 December 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Energy and Environment Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
NRC Job Vacancy 2023
Key objectives for this role include:
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures in relation to the relevant thematic area while contributing to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches with a focus on innovation and piloting.
- Support the development of country strategies on clean energy access initiatives and indicators.
- Responsible for providing strategic advice, technical support and capacity-building support to NRC’s partners on relevant clean energy solutions implementation plans in line with global policies and strategies.
- Support the development of climate and clean energy programme design and approaches for NRC Core Competencies.
- Support institutional and private sector partnerships development for clean energy access.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in engineering, electrical engineering, sustainable development studies, environmental management, energy technology, or relevant fields.
- A minimum of six years of relevant professional experience in a private sector and/or energy provider, management consulting or auditor/consulting firm; investment firm or social enterprise with energy/infrastructure focus; or UN/humanitarian/development agency working directly on operationalising clean energy solutions.
- Experience of delivering learning and development as part of programme development and capacity building
- Direct experience designing and implementing development/humanitarian projects a highly desirable advantage
- Experience in complex and volatile contexts
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC Energy and Environment Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.