UNICEF Programme Specialist Jobs 2024 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Kenya looking for “Programme Specialist”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before January 03, 2024.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on December 26, 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2024
How can you make a difference?
Monitoring and Assessing SCAP progress:
- Develop and implement results frameworks and tools for monitoring UNICEF climate and sustainability programmeming
- Systematically monitor and review core strategic indicators reported by UNICEF country offices, ensuring they accurately reflect the progress and challenges in implementing the SCAP.
- Analyze these indicators to identify trends, gaps, and areas for improvement, providing actionable insights and recommendations to enhance programme effectiveness and alignment with strategic goals.
Reviewing Country Office Annual Reports:
- Conduct thorough reviews of annual reports submitted by UNICEF country offices, assessing the integration and effectiveness of sustainability and climate change strategies within their regional contexts.
- Evaluate the outcomes and impacts highlighted in these reports, comparing them against established benchmarks and objectives to gauge overall success and areas needing attention.
Compiling Progress and Annual Reports:
- Compile comprehensive progress and annual reports detailing UNICEF’s global achievements and challenges in relation to the sustainability and climate change agenda.
- Ensure these reports effectively communicate the scope of work, key accomplishments, lessons learned, and strategic recommendations to both internal and external audiences, including stakeholders and partners.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in climate change, environmental science, engineering, disaster management, International Development, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy or other relevant disciplines is required
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in areas related to monitoring, evaluation, resource management and reporting is required
- Familiarity with children’s rights in the context of climate change, environmental degradation and disaster risk reduction
- Knowledge on climate, environment, and DRR impacts, assessments, and adaptation solutions considered an asset
- Expertise in monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and developing related tools, as part of a global/regional role in support of other country offices will be considered an asset.
- Experience working on CEED issues within UNICEF or other international development agencies is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Job no: 568504
- Contract type: Temporary Appointment
- Duty Station: New York
- Level: P-3
- Location: United States, Kenya
- Categories: Programme Management
How to Apply UNICEF Programme Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 03 January 03, 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.