SOS Childrens Villages Youth Care Co-Worker Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. SOS Childrens Villages Ethiopia looking for “Youth Care Co-Worker“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 27th May 2023.
SOS Children’s Villages started in 1949 with an innovative idea. Hermann Gmeiner, a child welfare advocate from Austria, recognized a problem thousands of children in post-war Europe had lost their families, and orphanages presented them with the prospect of a grim institutional childhood. His solution was to develop a model of family-like care – providing children with security and a sense of belonging by building reliable and resilient relationships.
The SOS Childrens Villages has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Youth Care Co-Worker to be based in Harar, Ethiopia.
SOS Childrens Villages Job Vacancy 2023
- Properly manages the paperwork and administration for the youth facility in collaboration with the national office
- Helps in budget preparation and administration. Accounts for all financial transactions as instructed by his/her manager or the operations department ensuring responsible financial planning at all times
- Ensures the properties/facilities and goods in the youth facility are effectively managed
- Produces good quality regular and ad-hoc reports in line with requirements from his/her manager and/or the national office
- Acts in a professional manner and treats all documentation and information in the strictest of confidence and in line with all SOS policies and procedures
- Collects and shares youth care good practices
- Ensures the implementation and follow up of the youth care evaluation
- Leads the Individual Development Plan (IDP) process and ensures that each youth has an IDP and that this is used effectively
- Creates a safe environment for the youths to live in and promotes a supportive environment where each individual is encouraged to be involved in the day to day running of the home,
- Enables the youths to take responsibility for their own development and supports them in learning the required personal and practical skills needed to live an independent life.
- Encourages them to gain understanding of their social, religious and cultural background.
- Works with the mothers in the SOS village from where the youths have been transferred.
- Ensures the youths maintain close contact with the SOS mothers, aunties, brothers and sisters.
- Maintains close contact and links with the schools/educational facilities to ensure a good understanding of each youths educational abilities and needs.
- Guides the youths towards finding suitable employment once they have finished education. Makes contact with colleges, employers and gives career and interview guidance and advice.
- Helps the youths gain the financial skills and responsibility needed to lead a secure and independent life outside of the youth facility.
Position in Organization:
- Youth Care Co-Worker
- Region Eastern & Southern Africa
- National Association: Ethiopia
- Function: Programme
- Position Type: Unlimited Full-Time
Qualification & Experience:
- University Degree.
- At least 1 years previous experience in child/youth quality care
- Work experience in education, social work or community development is desired
- Work experience with adolescents’ is desired
- Work experience in the national/local environment is desired.
How to Apply SOS Childrens Villages Youth Care Co-Worker Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers-sos-kd.icims.com/jobs/1540/-/job?mobile=false&width=1140&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=330&jun1offset=330
The Closing Date: 27th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.