UNDP Programme Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNDP Kenya looking for “Programme Specialist”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 06 July 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Country offices in the areas of gender and macro-economics, advancing the care agenda, promoting decent work and social protection as well as other areas of the Women’s Economic Empowerment Portfolio as required.
- Management of the project, implementing activities by mobilizing goods and services, in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations
- Support to programme operations (finance, asset management, administration, HR) in line with UN Women corporate rules, regulation and policies
- Support partnership activities at project level
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, guidance to all stakeholders on programme management and operational matters
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, social policy, development studies, gender studies, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- A minimum five (5) years of work experience in planning, implementation, coordinating, monitoring, and reporting the implementation of women’s economic empowerment programmes is required.
- Experience in gender equality programming is required
- Experience working in report writing, knowledge management and preparing communication materials is required.
- Experience working in East and Southern Africa is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Programme Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 06 July 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.