UNDRR National Risk Data Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNDRR Kenya looking for “National Risk Data Expert”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 30 December 2023.
UNDRR (formerly UNISDR) is the United Nations focal point for disaster risk reduction. UNDRR oversees the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, supporting countries in its implementation, monitoring and sharing what works in reducing existing risk and preventing the creation of new risk. Photo © Abbie Trayler-Smith / Panos Pictures / Department for International Development.
The UNDRR has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 December 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of National Risk Data Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNDRR Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting INGD in addressing the main challenges identified in the Gap Analysis conducted by the government and support better use of loss data for emergency preparedness and response.
- Working closely with INGD and Resident Coordinator Office as needed, assess capacity development gaps and opportunities to inform training and capacity building activities to enhance risk knowledge for humanitarian and development planning;
- Participate and provide support to inter-agency consultations, mechanisms and processes related to collaboration across the humanitarian-development-peace nexus as it related to disaster risk reduction in coordination with UN and national authorities.
- Provide technical support and advice to UN colleagues and counterparts on DRR, especially related to disaster loss data
- Participate in relevant coordination mechanisms and processes
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in disaster risk reduction, information management, data analysis as well as relevant humanitarian and/or development work is required;
- Relevant experience in statistics, risk modelling, development, adaptation and resilience, and post disaster loss and damage assessment is desirable.
- A good knowledge of the national, regional and international context on DRM/DRR is desirable;
- Experience in the UN or any other similar international organization related to disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, humanitarian-development-peace collaboration, response and recovery is desirable;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDRR National Risk Data Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.