UNECA Individual Contractor Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Individual Contractor“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 18th May 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Individual Contractor to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide office management and administrative support to the implementation of the 2023 work programme, as well as adhoc work activities.
- Assist in the preparation, logistical planning and servicing of meetings, workshops and other events, including making travel requests on the system, follow up issuance of tickets, hotel reservations, and meeting venue bookings, arranging visa on arrival facilitation of DSA payments , sending out invitation letters, follow up on confirmations and preparation of meeting reports.
- Coordinate the preparation of pre-session and in-session documents for meetings, workshops and other events, including note to participants.
- Coordinate the communication products for meetings, workshops and other events, including press releases and outreach to ECA staff.
- Coordinate the evaluation of meetings, workshops and other events, including the preparation of evaluation questionnaires and analysis of the results.
- Undertake research, and compiles and summarizes background materials for use in preparation of reports, briefs, and speeches.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and internal databases including the contact details of focal points of African ministries responsible for gender and women’s affairs, CSOs and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates for projects, meetings and missions by collecting necessary data and preparing respective forms.
- Support in the arrangement of missions (travel requests and follow up, ticket booking, security clearance, such as advance/settlement and other general payments etc.).
- Perform any other duties and undertake any other tasks, as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Individual contractor to support the work of GEWE
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 12 May 2023 – 18 May 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-208922-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. University level Diploma or Degree in Marketing Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Management or related field is advantageous.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in event organizing and logistics is required.
- Experience in Programme Management, Administration, Finance, emphasis on activities interaction with counterparts, exposure in the functioning of ECA, or any other UN agencies, and ability to interface within the Commission, as well as among ECA and its stakeholders especially in the context of facilitating the preparation of Conferences and/or meetings, is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Individual Contractor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=208922
The Closing Date: 18th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.