UNECA Security Sergeant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Security Sergeant“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 28th June 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 31st May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Security Sergeant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Security Sergeant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responding promptly to security and safety incidents including thefts, accidents, fires and preparing reports on action taken.
- Enforcing security and safety measures including screening of visitors into the compound checking the movement of persons within the premises to detect any unlawful entry or acts as well as the implementation and enforcement of fire prevention and fighting measures/precautions.
- Monitoring traffic flow and enforcing parking regulations and reprimanding any violation as well as reporting such violations.
- Briefs officers under command of possible security threats and related operational plans.
- Making ground and building patrol inspection and conducting routine search to detect any suspicious acts or irregularities.
- Taking investigation on reported incidents including interviewing and obtaining statements or complainants and witness, following up on going investigations, reviewing investigative reports as well as preparing reports
- Participating in the development of Emergency Operation Plans and co-coordinating activities during emergency response back-up operation and recovery actions.
- Assisting in organizing fire and general safety exercises covering preventive and protective measures including organizing fire and building evacuation drills.
- Organizing tours of visitors to the complex including the Conference Center and enforcing the necessary security and safety checks.
- Organizing Flag hoisting ceremonies.
- Providing emergency First Aid assistance.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Security Sergeant (multiple positions), G5
- Job Code Title: SERGEANT
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 30 May 2023 – 28 June 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Security-ECA-203073-R-Addis Ababa (R)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience in security work in military or police establishment with at least two (2) years at supervisory level is required.
- Practical experience in UN security services operation combined with ability to lead a small tactical security unit is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Security Sergeant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=203073
The Closing Date: 28th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.