UNHCR Shelter Associate Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Kenya looking for “Shelter Associate”.
Applicants with a High School Diploma may apply on or before 17 December 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 December 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Shelter Associate to be based in Dadaab, Kenya.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Assist in carrying out shelter needs assessments while liaising with other relevant sectors such as protection, programme, community services, WASH, administration and supply.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the shelter beneficiary selection process prioritises the needs of the most vulnerable Persons of Concern (PoC).
- Assist the supervisor in developing and updating shelter strategies to reflect evolving situations and ensure alignment with national and global level policies and guidelines including: Global Compact on Refugees, Sustainable Development Goals, Relevant Global Strategies and Policies.
- Provide support in the daily management of all construction and infrastructure projects within the AoR ensuring that works are carried out in compliance to established UNHCR and national standards/best practices for the full project cycle.
Qualification & Experience:
- Years of Experience / Degree Level For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNHCR Shelter Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 17 December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.