UNICEF Nutrition Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNICEF Nigeria looking for “Nutrition Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 07 July 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 26 June 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
The Nutrition Officer (Assessment and Surveillance) provides professional technical, operational, and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the nutrition programmes/projects within the Maiduguri Field Office, from development planning to delivery of results through assessment, surveys and surveillance.
- Responsible for the overall management in all the accessible LGAs of Borno and Yobe States, design, implementation, coordination and management of the Sentinel Surveillance, data collection every quarter, data cleaning and analysis, alert report as well as investigation report and providing feedback to Program Officers for intervention.
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in Nutrition, Health, WASH, Child Protection, and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues. Provide solutions, recommendations and/or alerts, and investigation reports to officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision-making. Record reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual reviews with the government and other counterparts to assess programmes/projects and report on required action and interventions at the higher programme management level.
- Identify, capture, synthesize, and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: Statistics, Nutrition, Public Health, or Nutritional Epidemiology.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in assessment/survey in one or more emergency stations in the following areas is required: nutrition and public health surveys/assessments, nutrition planning, experience in nutrition data management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Nutrition Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 07 July 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.