UNICEF Senior Health Specialist Jobs 2024 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Kenya looking for “Senior Health Specialist”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 21 January 2024.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 09 January 2024 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Health Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2024
How can you make a difference?
Under the overall direction of the Sr. Health Advisor, PHC-HSS unit the incumbent is responsible for coordination, planning, management, and evaluation of implementation research to produce data and evidence to influence policy towards achievement of the health-related SDGs focused on strengthening Primary Health Care. Support the Sr Health Advisor in development and implementation of creative strategies so that data and evidence obtained from these studies and from international literature is successfully disseminated to field staff and policy decisions can be informed by the best possible evidence.
Technical guidance for specific implementation research projects.
- Provides leadership and guidance for specific implementation research projects, including the elaboration of research plans and protocols, and monitoring the quality of the studies and their application within policies and programmes.
- Responsible for development and overall management of research projects at the international, regional, and country levels.
- Guides development of methodologies and new approaches for improving research projects. Develops and participates in research workshops and consultations at regional and country levels to exchange knowledge, ideas, and approaches.
- Coordinates preparations for funding proposals related to implementation research, monitors the overall planning and disbursement of implementation research funds, and monitors utilization of funds.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health, epidemiology, infectious disease, maternal and child health, health promotion is required or any other related field and a Medical Degree (MD) is desired.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in health research design and execution, including management of research projects is required.
- Experience in data management, analysis, dissemination and expertise and experience in child survival programme management is a definite asset.
- Proven record as evidenced by published research as the main author in peer reviewed journals in the field of implementation research and data in relevant topics (at least 10 publications) is desired.
- Knowledge of academic institutions, international health organizations and partners in implementation research is a definite asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Senior Health Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.