IDI Laboratory Technologist Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IDI Uganda looking for “Laboratory Technologist“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before May 10, 2023.
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The IDI has published a job vacancy announcement on May 02, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Laboratory Technologist to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IDI Job Vacancy 2023
- Participate in various study procedures including consent, enrollment, sample collection and follow up of study participants.
- Establish robust and sustainable sample collection and samples referral system from the study site to testing lab in Kampala.
- Conduct routine lab tests on the patients for clinical care.
- Proper documentation of laboratory test result and dispatch of results.
- Track sample movement from the patient up to receipt of results.
- Conduct quality control on the lab samples and study forms.
- Attend relevant study and department meetings.
- Any other assigned duties by the study coordinator that maybe necessary for carrying out the study protocol.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
- Vacancy Code: LATX004
- Duty Station: Mubende Regional Referral Hospital
- Classification: Full Term (Contract)
- Reports to: Study Coordinator
- A Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in laboratory science.
- Certificate from Allied Health Professionals’ Council.
- Training in Good Clinical Lab Practice and Human subjects research, biosafety and biosecurity.
- Working Experience and skills in microbiology techniques.
- Minimum of one years’ experience working with a research project.
- Good aseptic sample collection techniques.
How to Apply IDI Laboratory Technologist Jobs 2023
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in this position should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, certificate/testimonials and updated email address and phone contacts of three (3) referees not later than 10thMay 2023. Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for the position above.
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Candidates should attach a copy of their National Identity Card
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda