UNOAU Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNOAU Ethiopia looking for “Human Resources Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 1st June 2023.
The United Nations Office to the African Union (UNOAU) was established on 1 July 2010 by UN General Assembly Resolution 64/288. The Office integrated three existing offices: Department of Political Affairs (DPA) Liaison Office, the Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) AU Peace Support Team and the Department of Field Support (DFS) Planning Team for Somalia to support the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), as well as the support component of the United Nations and African Union Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) Joint Support Coordination Mechanism (JCM) office in Addis Ababa.
The UNOAU has published a job vacancy announcement on 19th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Human Resources Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOAU Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Human Resources Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitors vacant posts of assigned level/group and ensures adherence to policies and procedures in filling these posts.
- Contributes to the recruitment process and support the development of recruitment strategies and plans, coordinating with client offices in forecasting and identifying vacancies, preparing job openings, reviewing and screening of candidates
- Review job openings in consultation with hiring managers, ensuring that the evaluation criteria and responsibilities are in line with the approved or classified documents.
- Conducts preliminary review, prepares and submits recruitment cases to approving officials/entities.
- Arranges and conducts interviews for selection of candidates.
- Reviews recommendation on the selection of candidate by client offices.
- Participates in task forces and working groups identifying issues/problems, formulating policies and guidelines, and establishing new procedures on recruitment and staff selection.
- Coordinates and administers language professional examination and other programmes and tests related to the recruitment of professional, general service and other categories of staff.
- Manages the recruitment and selection of national staff ensuring the development of job descriptions for approved posts, liaising with the UNHQ on the classification of such posts, advertising and guiding managers on the selection process in line with UN rules and regulations.
- Provides advice and guidance to managers and staff on human resources related matters
- Recommends level of remuneration for consultants.
- Provides advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules. Reviews and provides advice on exceptions to policies, regulations and rules.
- As requested by the supervisor, might be required to represent the office in joint bodies and working groups relating to salaries and other conditions of service.
- Assist in the process of knowledge/awareness building amongst programme managers, senior management and staff members with regard to the staff rules and regulations, and related guidelines in the administration of entitlements and their strict application by the HR Section, including consistent implementation of delegated authority;
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of related guidelines, HR rules, regulations practices and procedures programmes to meet identified needs.
- Researches and compiles the mission’s responses to formal and informal requests coming from different entities under the Administration of Justice (AoJ) system
- Contributes to efforts and measures aimed at addressing and mitigating staff grievances with the purpose of resolving them at the lowest practical level.
- Contributes to the development of preventive activities such as training and sharing best practices and recent jurisprudence related to human resources management.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER, P3
- Job Code Title: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
- Department/Office: United Nations Office to the African Union
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 18 May 2023 – 01 June 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Human Resources-UNOAU-209407-F-Addis Ababa (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Do you have a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management is required.
- Experience in administration -related areas such as human resources, finance, budget is required.
How to Apply UNOAU Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=209407
The Closing Date: 1st June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.