UNOCHA Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNOCHA South Sudan looking for “Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 05th May 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNOCHA was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNOCHA has published a job vacancy announcement on 06th April 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNOCHA Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: The position is located in the Operations and Advocacy Division (OAD), in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). OCHA is part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response efforts. OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in media and communications, political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, or a related. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A first-level university degree and no experience will be accepted for candidates who have passed the Young Professionals Programme Examination/United Nations National Competitive Recruitment Examination (NCRE) or the General Service to Professional Examination (G to P).
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or the successful completion of the Young Professionals Programme Examination (YPP)/United Nations National Competitive Recruitment Examination (NCRE) or the General Service to Professional Examination (G to P) is required.
- Experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is desirable.
- Experience with OCHA managed Pooled Funds (CERF and CBPF) is desirable.
- Experience in a humanitarian context in the UN Common System or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency of English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Humanitarian Affairs-OCHA-204904-R- (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOCHA Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=204904
The Closing Date: 05th May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNOCHA Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC Maternal and Child Health Coordinator Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Chief of Education Jobs 2023
- International Trade Centre SheTrades Consultant Jobs 2023
- NRC Integrated Programme Manager Jobs 2023
- Welthungerhilfe Expert WASH Jobs 2023
- OHCHR Administrative Officer Jobs 2023
- OHCHR Forensic Pathologist Jobs 2023