UNON Senior Finance and Budget Assistant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNON Kenya looking for “Senior Finance and Budget Assistant”. Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before 28 June 2023.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Finance and Budget Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNON Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of cost estimates and budget proposals in terms of staff and non-staff requirements for regular budget and extra-budgetary resources under UNON Administration;
- Monitoring budget implementation and performance and recommending reallocation of funds as necessary;
- Ensuring that requisitions for goods and services are in line with authorized budgets, the priorities of the Organisation and within he UN financial rules and regulations;
- Reviewing requests for creation and extension of positions as well as requests for recruitment in terms of availability of funding;
- Assisting in the execution of cost recovery in line with established agreements and policies and providing support on the collection of associated receivables;
- Performing certifying functions of financial transactions as per delegation.
- Completion of High school diploma or secondary school is required.
- Supplemental courses/ training in finance, administration, project management or related field is desirable.
- A recognized accountancy qualification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA) is desirable.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in finance, budget or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant work experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level High school diploma.
- Experience in supervising a team is required.
- Experience with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is desirable.
- Working experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) finance system such as Oracle or SAP is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON Senior Finance and Budget Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.