UNON Staff Development Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNON Kenya looking for “Staff Development Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 23 June 2023.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Staff Development Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNON Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the implementation of all aspects of training specific to UNEP, UNON, UN-Habitat and UN Kenya
- Recommend to the Chief content and format and delivery mode of training packages to be used
- Participate in and contribute to training needs analysis and surveys to determine appropriate learning and development strategies/solutions
- Make recommendations on in-house staff and consultants to be used as facilitators/trainers in those parts of the programme falling under purview of this post and evaluating their performance
- Facilitate assigned training programmes, conducting retreats and workshops, including Train the Trainer programme and use assessment instruments
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in organizational development, education, organizational psychology, Human Resources with training/learning emphasis or or related fields is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two (2) additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration, capacity development and training in operational support or a related area is required
- Experience in capacity development, training, learning, learning administration is required.
- Experience in the design, and practical delivery of formal training sessions and programmes is desirable.
- Experience implementing blended learning programs with a self-paced e-learning component is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON Staff Development Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.