UNOPS Procurement Associate Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNOPS South Sudan looking for “Procurement Associate“. Applicants with a Secondary School may apply on or before 08th May 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 14th April 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Associate to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
Transactional Procurement Support services
Administers a range of transactional-procurement support activities, ensuring compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including the following:
- Incorporation of necessary steps to embed sustainability in the procurement process.
- Completeness of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs).
- Completeness of documentation for preparation/processing of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs (Long Term Agreement) or their Amendments.
- Provision of requested research/data on market supply by conducting routine market research to determine sources of supplies, using United Nations Global Market Place, and other external sources;
- Set-up/enhancement and maintenance of the local supplier database, ensuring regular update of data.
- Information databases, all procurement files and records updated and maintained.
- Status reports generated, as required.
- Availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes;
Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
Administratively and technically supports the office’s planning, requisitions/procurement and sourcing support processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collaboration with projects personnel and Managers in the preparation of their procurement plan, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the given geographical area / project activity.
- Maintenance and update of procurement monitoring processes for projects and provision of feedback on purchase orders to requesting office;
- Provision of proposals to requesting entity on modes for providing goods, works and services, including procurement deadlines for each stage;
- Review of requisitions for completeness;
- Preparation of proper and complete specification for equipment and materials, Job Profiles and Statement of Works for the preparation of RFP (Request for Proposal), RFQ (Request for Quotation) and ITB (Invitation to Bid), ensuring clearance/approval by respective units of the requests.
- Constant liaison with vendors and consignee until safe delivery of goods is achieved.
- Drafting of letters, memoranda, faxes, email, etc.; monitoring of progress and liaison with vendors during the entire procurement cycle; investigation and resolution of post-order problems and of progress reports on procurement matters;
- Oral/written responses to queries from projects, clients, companies, etc. regarding procurement related matters
- Preparation of monthly reports on procurement matters;
- Liaison with the logistics unit or projects on receipt of goods, equipments and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report, RIR (Receipt and Inspection Report), or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken; More Details Visit Official Notification.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, or related areas is desirable but not required.
- Relevant certification in procurement and supply chain management (CIPS or similar) is a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in providing procurement support services in national and/or international public or corporate organizations is required.
- Supervisory experience of personnel in procurement support services is desirable.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is an asset.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is an asset.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Fluency in English Language i.e reading, writing and speaking is required.
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5304/25858
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, South Sudan
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOPS Procurement Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy………
The Closing Date: 08th May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNOPS Communications Officer Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Movement Control Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Special Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Contingent Owned Equipment Assistant Jobs 2023
- FAO Communications Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Project Analyst Jobs 2023
- UNDP Human Resources Analyst Jobs 2023
- IFDC County Manager Jobs 2023