Welthungerhilfe Regional Climate Resilience Advisor Jobs 2024 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
Welthungerhilfe Kenya looking for “Regional Climate Resilience Advisor”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 04 February 2024.
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e. V. – or Welthungerhilfe for short – is a German non-denominational and politically independent non-profit and non-governmental aid agency working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian assistance. Since its founding in 1962, it has used 4.2 billion euros to carry out more than 10.369 projects in 70 countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
The Welthungerhilfe has published a job vacancy announcement on 25 January 2024 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Climate Resilience Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Welthungerhilfe Job Vacancy 2024
- Carry responsibility to foster climate resilience mainstreaming in ongoing and future projects at country portfolio level in the relevant countries of the Regional Directorate East & Southern Africa/MENA
- Closely interact with the headquarters’ Sector Unit to advance climate resilience related strategies, methods and technical inputs, contributing to the implementation of the “systematizing climate resilience in WHH” strategic project in close coordination with the project lead
- Support Country Offices in conducting environmental and climate sensitivity assessments as a basis for project design and monitoring of risks during the project cycle, and other relevant tools recommended by WHH in line with the sustainability strategy and climate resilience approach
- Respond to country requests and identify possible adaptation and mitigation measures within existing projects, developing and/or reviewing new proposals by bringing in technical expertise on climate resilience
- Support project coordinators of specific climate-related projects in terms of results, methodology, budgeting and compliance with WHH and donor requirements
Qualification & Experience:
- A university or college degree in a relevant field or equivalent qualification suitable to the position
- At least 5-8 years of professional experience in a relevant field, e.g. Disaster Risk Reduction, climate mitigation
- Experience in promoting advocacy work in the Global South
- Experience in designing and implementing training processes and mutual learning activities
- Proven experience in engaging with private sector and government actors
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Welthungerhilfe Regional Climate Resilience Advisor Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 04 February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.