WFP Pastoral Livelihoods Advisor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “Pastoral Livelihoods Advisor”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 27 April 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Pastoral Livelihoods Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The Climate-resilient Agriculture and Pastoral Livelihoods Advisor will lead in the scaling of climate smart agriculture and natural rangeland management work in WFP Kenya. S/he will align the work of WFP Kenya with key national agriculture and climate change strategies and act as a leader in developing appropriate climate risk analysis tools and keep abreast of latest information on the linkages between climate change, resilience and food systems.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Develop programming and lead on the implementation of Climate Smart Agriculture (including rangeland management) in WFP Kenya aligned with relevant national policies and strategies.
- Lead in the development of tools and methodologies for understanding how climate change is currently affecting the work of WFP Kenya (e.g. Development of a Climate Risk Management tool for assessing climate risk at subnational, livelihood zone and community evel).
- Support the Government in delivering the Kenya Climate Smart Agriculture Strategy 2017-2026 (KCSAS) and align with the Implementation Framework 2018-2027 (KCSAIF). This includes assessing the implementation status of the Kenya Climate Smart Agriculture Programme (KCSAP) in Kenya, understand how existing capacities have been built and where WFP Kenya could play a strategic lead or support role (as the project closes).
- Support in enhancing WFP projects on the need to increase agricultural productivity while identifying opportunities to sustainably build resilience of national agricultural systems (especially in ASAL) with the need to adapt to climate change.
- Advanced University degree in Agriculture, Economics, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other relevant with a focus on climate change, climate-resilient agriculture and nature-based solutions. Or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least seven years of postgraduate professional years’ experience in agricultural research for development in areas relevant to WFP Kenya (e.g., integrated resilience programming, climate smart agriculture, scaling agricultural innovations, climate finance and climate policy, monitoring and evaluation).
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Pastoral Livelihoods Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs