WFP Programme Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “Programme Officer”. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 29 May 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Eastern Africa holds many of the answers to addressing serious food security and climate challenges, offering additional opportunities for WFP to fight hunger by adopting a transformative approach to food systems engagement. The goal of this effort is to support the development of a food system that is promoting integrated approaches to local food systems transformation and build, sustainable, equitable, resilience for all.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Support the Country Offices with communication and advocacy, and develop an advocacy strategy to make strategic shifts at policy level through this project;
- Support Country Offices in the process of timely monitoring the results of the MCF programme , in the collection and reporting on data driven evidence, and liase with the bureau and PCT M&E function to ensure quality of the above;
- Review the biannual and annual narrative reports prepared by the COs;
- Compile technical feedback from countries into relevant products as per donor requests/requirements, in coordination with the PCT’s Knowledge Management function;
- Support the generation of think pieces from project implementation to contribute to the body of knowledge on youth employment and women’s economic empowerment, in coordination with PCT’s Knowledge Management function;
- Contribute to the design of, and participate in, country and regional level learning events, including conferences, workshops on thematic areas and on the IFPRI and other institutions research projects
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Disaster Risk Reduction/ Management, Climate Change Adaptation, Environmental Science, physical science or equivalent work experience or a First University Degree with additional years of related work experience
- At least 5 years of work experience in implementing activities and animating partnerships at country office level. Previous experience working with international organisations on food security/resilience/humanitarian actors.
- Type of Contract: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Programme Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 29 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- United Nations Secretariat Chief of Section Jobs
- UNEP Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNON Nurse Jobs
- UNON Engineer Jobs
- UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs
- UNDRR Risk data Expert Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Great Lakes Researcher Jobs
- IRC Budget and Operations Manager Jobs
- CIFOR Senior Manager Jobs