WFP Water and Land Management Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “Water and Land Management Expert”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 27 April 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Water and Land Management Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The Water and Land Management Expert will lead WFP portfolio on integrated water and land restoration under the Resilient Livelihoods team, working closely with the Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation and other partners, and represent WFP in the Joint Programme on Water.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Facilitate and ensure timely implementation of critical water infrastructure rehabilitation in response to drought in close collaboration with relevant WFP Nairobi and field-based teams
- Design strategy for early recovery activities focusing on integrated water solutions targeting pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in the arid counties of Kenya – taking early warning and climate projections into account
- Facilitate timely procurement processes coordinating between field offices (including agricultural engineers), procurement and other relevant teams in Nairobi
- Ensure sound environmental management practices/guidelines are in place, monitored and reported on
- Guide on strengthening community-based water governance and management practices across targeted counties
- Advanced university degree in one or more of the following disciplines: water and land management, agricultural engineering, environmental management, or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience sustainable land and water management, either in private sector enterprises, in non-profit value chain related projects or research institution.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Water and Land Management Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs