World Bank Energy Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. World Bank Kenya looking for “Energy Specialist”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 29 June 2023.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on 09 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Energy Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
World Bank Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The Energy Specialist, based in Nairobi, Kenya, will support and co-lead part of the Bank’s energy engagement in East and Southern Africa with primary responsibility to significantly expanding the delivery of electricity services by solar mini-grid and solar off-grid companies over the next five years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Bank task teams in designing operations that are focusing on scaling up energy access (for households, enterprises and public institutions like schools and health clinics) with decentralized renewable energy (DRE)
- Be a part of the task force under DARES and Electrifying Africa designing strategies and approaches for scaling up access with DRE in Africa, applying understanding of mini grid and off-grid solar business models and financing modalities
- Contribute to development of innovative financing instruments for scaling up DRE and identify potential sources of funding and investment opportunities for solar mini-grid and off-grid projects. This includes exploring non-traditional forms of financing such as green bonds, blended finance, and crowdfunding to support these endeavors.
- Advise a range of Governments on energy policy, strategy, and reform dialogue, emphasizing a comprehensive approach that grid as well as private sector-led mini grid, and off-grid solutions where appropriate;
- Contribute as member of task teams in the supervision and implementation support of the existing portfolio.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in engineering, finance, business administration or equivalent areas relevant for energy sector and MSME development.
- At least 5 years of combined experience in the World Bank, other international institutions and/or companies, government agencies, and/or power sector utilities with demonstrated track record of successful engagement with relevant developmental programs and significant portion of this experience decentralized renewable energy sector
- Direct experience with working with the private sector DRE companies
- A professional with a broad understanding of the solar energy/DRE sector, including mini grid and soalr off-grid companies, appliance provision, end-user financing, and the overall investment climate.
- An in-depth knowledge of the leading solar mini-grid and solar off-grid companies and industry associations, such as AMDA and GOGLA, in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience in working in frontier markets and countries/region that experience fragility, conflict and violence is a plus
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply World Bank Energy Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 29 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.