World Bank Senior Education Specialist / Economist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. World Bank Ethiopia looking for “Senior Education Specialist / Economist“. Applicants with a degree in PhD Degree may apply on or before 16th June 2023.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.
World Bank Senior Education Specialist / Economist Jobs 2023
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Senior Education Specialist / Economist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
World Bank Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Accountabilities: Specific responsibilities include:
- Bring relevant international experience and research to assist in developing local solutions, on issues such as strategies to improve teacher quality, early childhood development, basic education, secondary education/ TVET, quality improvement and financing of higher education, use of ICT in education
- Conduct sectoral policy dialogue with clients at the highest levels, on a range of complex issues at different levels of education. Identify and nurture opportunities for participating in the broader policy dialogue in the country especially in so far as they impact on education or where the education sector can make a contribution. Build client capacity to use findings of policy research/ analytical work for developing new policies
- Design and supervise operations, both as leader and as member of team, in the education sector or multi-sectoral operations, including the full range of Bank instruments. Provide implementation support for the on-going portfolio. Provide timely advice and support to clients in implementing projects and help to build capacity of Ministry of Education to implement its program.
- Design and lead in the preparation of “cutting edge” technical products that respond to critical policy questions identified by the client and which have an impact on policy and operational design. Produce “just in time” notes of high quality as well as lead longer analytical reports. Work on cross-sectoral teams to contribute to products such as public expenditure reviews and implementation of decentralization. Contribute to the country diagnostics and other core analytic work. Contribute to the unit’s analytical work by generating “think pieces” and synthesis papers.
- Work closely with the Practice Manager and education team and the CMU to identify new business, including innovative financial products, technical advisory services and other services, as required.
- Work constructively with partners, including bilateral and multi-lateral donors, UN agencies, NGOs and partners from the South. Contribute to alignment and coordination around country led priorities.
Position in Organization:
- Senior Education Specialist/Economist
- Job #: req22950
- Organization: World Bank
- Sector: Education
- Grade: GG
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s):
- Closing Date: 6/16/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Qualification & Experience:
- D./Doctorate in Education/Economics or a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience is required.
How to Apply World Bank Senior Education Specialist / Economist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=22950&site=1
The Closing Date: 16th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.